In this episode of the Lifespan podcast, Harvard Professor of Genetics Dr. David Sinclair and co-host Matthew LaPlante discuss cosmetic aging and how to improve skin, nails, and hair.
They talk about why superficial aging occurs and how external signs of aging are often a reflection of biological age. The latest science behind various beautifying therapies is highlighted, including newer interventions like low-level laser therapy and platelet-rich plasma injections.
- Human faces and mortality predictions
- Biological age prediction in human skin
- Senescent cells and lifespan in mice
- Nail growth and aging
- Autophagy is a major regulator of aging
- Hyaluronan and cancer resistance
- Topical tretinoin and hair growth
- Dihydrotestosterone levels correlate with mortality
- Eunuchs are especially long-lived
- Human hair greying is linked to life stress
- Grey hair reversal in mice